Saturday, August 09, 2008

Eyesight

I'm slightly concerned about my eyesight.

Lately I've been noticing that when I'm expecially tired I've been finding it hard to read a novel or somesuch. My running joke has been do I need to get my eyes tested or do I just need to stop trying to read when I haven't had any sleep for twenty hours or more.

But last night, just as it was twilight, I was stepping out of Tescos and I realised that in the distance (something like 150 metres away) a face was blurred.

People who know me know that I have a freakish ability to pick faces out of crowds at stupid distances. This combined with my catlike night-vision has always led me to believe that I was pretty damn lucky when it came to eyesight. But all the way home I was having the same problem: things were fuzzy at distances that they would have previously not been.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is how it has always been for me and I'm freaking out because I'm discovering that my eyesight isn't as superhuman as I previously thought. Maybe after a week in Germany, where the air is clear, this is just vapour in the air that is fogging my vision.

But I am worried.

Suddenly going down a couple of points in terms of vision has all kinds of implications, not least that sometimes it is important to be able to spot trouble before trouble spots you.

Time for an eye test?

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home